5 THINGS GOD USES TO GROW OUR FAITH




1. PRACTICAL TEACHING: God can send someone who would explain the bible in practical teaching to us. He may be pastor, a Sunday school teacher, choir head.

I remember when I got frustrated in choir one time because I was so tied of coming to the rehearsal and the meeting they usually had. I felt I did not have the voice and I saw myself walking to one of the choir leaders telling him that I was going to leave, I told him it was not my calling and I don't think God needed me there. That was one of the best thing I did that changed my life forever, he did not even tell me whether to leave or not. All he did was give me books to read, messages to listen and he spoke a lot about God. God used him to make me grow, God send people to us to change our mindset.



2. PROVIDENTIAL RELATIONSHIP: Rick Morgan defines providential relationships as the relationships that God bring into your life to ignite and grow your faith. The kind of people that challenge you to see new possibilities and understand new truths spiritually in order for you to grow in your faith. You usually see those relationships the easiest with hind sight, you look back and say to yourself, "thank God that person came into my life and helped me."

There are not many neutral relationships, most of the people we know will have an impact on our lives. Their values can easily become our values. You are around people everyday that do not care about your faith, culture is tearing you away from your faith, and besides culture you also have your old sin nature working against you. Maximizing the relationships in our lives for the purpose of growing in our faith is only half the picture

 Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.


3. PRIVATE DISCIPLINES: When you begin to practice the private disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, fasting, tithing, etc., your faith will begin to grow. As you trust God and develop strong habits, your faith strengthens.



4. PERSONAL MINISTRY: When you try to serve, you will see your faith growing. God's plan is for every believer to have a personal ministry, we are made for a task
'for we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do' (eph 2:10). God has a particular good work, or personal ministry for each of us.



5. PIVOTAL CIRCUMSTANCES:  
They are said to be turning points, moments or experiences that looked back upon are remembered not for the incidents themselves but what was accomplished through them, they are moment when we decide to trust God or our self, when we choose to trust God our faith will skyrocket. For some people it’s just a single event, the understanding behind a failed relationship or the new found insight into why we act a certain way.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)